- Experience with leading and training junior development staff.
- Mastery of SQL and relational databases.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming (OOP) best practices.
- Expert-level experience with source control tools (git)
- Some familiarity with Linux server administration.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly.
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity.
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of security best practices in Web software.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII and PCI standards a significant plus.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with multiple languages and the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with different software stacks
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time. US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates currently.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.