QA Test Lead
Farmington, CT 06030
Data Based Development Systems is hiring a QA Test Lead
Our customer in Farmington, CT has a need for QA Test Leads. This position will help define scenarios, review/validate test plans, point out additional tests/scenarios that should be executed, as well as validate that the resulting test plans and results are appropriately documented. This is a complex and fast paced organization with a diverse portfolio. This candidate must understand all aspects of QA testing and leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of testing methodologies, tools, processes and life-cycle to enhance testing strategy and approach
- Create test plans and test case documents
- Ability to manage a team of on shore and off shore testers
- Ability to analyze data and provide feedback on issues and problems
- Review requirements, cases, technical specifications and other documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be verified
- Develop checklists to support testing activities (e.G., Testing Readiness, Exit Criteria, user set up)
- Identify and create test data
- Manage the daily QA defect call. Aligning severity, documenting ‘ target fix’ dates and resolving open questions
- Triage defects to determine if there is a system issue and subsequently coordinate with system developers to communicate test results and resolve defects.
- Create traceability matrices and test results reports
- Create testing metrics and reports for project management in order to assess stability and status of all testing activities
- Support QA testing as needed
- 6+ years QA Lead
- Using quality test tools such as HP Quality Center, ALM
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to do both Manual and Automation testing
- Experience in a large corporate environment, understanding full project cycle testing with multiple developers and user groups.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Problem management skills
- Ability to Manager on shore and off shore resources
- Attention to detail is required
- Experience in working with project teams to identify, plan and execute testing. Includes creation of test plans and assurance that the appropriate items are addressed.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, listening and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, some quite large and provide metrics around testing as needed.
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time. US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates at this time.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state of the art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.